Do you need a bandwidth manager? Are your worried that your Internet costs are rocketing? Have you discovered now that your inappropriate use of your network having an adverse effect on your business-critical performance? Is Internet access bandwidth a major bottleneck in your network? If your network has any of these problems then a bandwidth manager will provide a cost effective solution.
The software monitors your network traffic and limits bandwidth in whatever manner you specify. The result is an immediate increase in the efficiency of your network together with a reduction in your overall bandwidth requirements while allowing business-critical Internet applications to run at full speed.
A bandwidth manager is a full-featured traffic management tool for Windows that offers cost-effective bandwidth control and quality of service based on built-in prioritized rules. These rules can specify a bandwidth limit for each Internet user.
This kind of software often called bandwidth shaper, bandwidth limiter or traffic shaper. With a bandwidth manager, you can apply speed-throttling rules to specified IP addresses, ports and even network interfaces with no changes to existing network infrastructure. The rich feature set of most bandwidth managers are easily managed via the intuitive Windows GUI.
Some of the key features of most bandwidth managers:
• Centralized configuration from a single network location.
• Flexible, prioritized, bidirectional rules to specify maximum data rates.
• Rules for IP addresses, protocols, ports (for TCP/IP) and network interfaces.
• Transparency for end users.
• No software installation is required on client workstations in most cases.
• Detailed and comprehensive statistics are available for each rule.
• Quotas and penalties to discourage misuse.